The job responsibilities of the Maintenance/Make Ready to ensure the efficient turn of units by providing quality work yet being cost conscious. You will be attending to the day-to-day maintenance issues within the property and will need to have experience in every field of basic maintenance including but not limited to the following: HVAC repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliance troubleshooting, etc. The Maintenance/Make Ready Technician should own a basic set of paint equipment, hand tools as well as drywall tools and will be required to be included in the on-call rotation. It will be your role to complete work orders for the property it is assigned to and to complete them in an efficient cost-effective manner.
**The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with posted position. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of the position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every employee is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
In coordination with the Community Manager and Lead Maintenance Technician, the Maintenance/Make Ready employee is primarily responsible for ensuring that all vacant units are thoroughly restored to “market ready” status in a timely manner and to assist the Lead Maintenance in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. The employee will carry out assigned duties and service request as requested.
Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
Inspects vacant apartments and completes checklist in regard to make ready. Informs Lead Maintenance Technician and Community Manager of needed services and repairs.
Diagnose and performs minor or routine maintenance or repairs, as directed:
• Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
• A/C and heating systems
• Appliance repair and trouble shooting
• Stairs, gates, fences, patios/balconies, railings
• Minor tile labor
• Minor roofing and guttering maintenance
• Interior/exterior lighting
• Light fixtures, hardware, and blinds
• Interior/exterior doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass door
• Door locks and mailbox locks
• Ceiling leaks and drywall/sheetrock repairs
• Light pool maintenance
Lends assistance during trash out process of apartment
Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times
Reports supply needs to Manager and Lead Maintenance Technician.
Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore apartment to “rent ready” status:
Check all lights and replace or repair as necessary
Replace or repair windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors closets.
Checks appliances and informs Lead Maintenance if replacement is needed
Changes locks and provides new keys
Checks faucets, sinks plug and repair or replace as necessary; perform exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs when required
Paint unit thoroughly including trim, cabinets and doors; repair plaster holes in walls and doors
Repair or replace blinds, ceiling fans
Change A/C filter
• Make regular inspections of the grounds checking for defects in any manner.
• Make repairs or replacement to structural defects with the approval of the Maintenance Supervisor.
Emergency Maintenance (MANDATORY)
• When designated for “on call” you are to respond to ALL after hours emergency calls.
• Keep accurate log of time spent on calls after hours with detailed list of repairs that were made.
• Follow all company procedures and represent Precision Equity as a respectable employee.
• High School Diploma
• One year of full-time Maintenance experience at an Apartment Community
• Reliable transportation
• Must own a basic set of tools
• Basic knowledge of HVAC, electricity, plumbing, and carpentry
• Demonstrate good safety habits
• Having the ability to interact well with a wide range of people
Once you become a member of the team we will provide you with:
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers