QR Code Link to This Post
Assists and works under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager, performing necessary repairs and preventive maintenance on rental units as they become vacant, maintaining an adequate supply of rental units ready for occupancy and sales presentations. May assist as required and assigned in painting of interior units, office, clubhouse, laundry rooms, common areas and occupied units.
Responsible for physical condition and presentation readiness of all rental units prior to occupancy. Provides support to Service Technicians and Maintenance Supervisor and may be required to handle on-call duty as necessary. Uses company supplied materials and equipment and must be able to understand manufacturer’s recommendations and directions regarding same. This is a line position with direct impact on company funds.
• Check locks and keys, re-key if necessary. Check weather stripping, replace/repair if necessary.
• Check operation of doors and windows ensuring their secure and correct operation by testing them and repairing as needed.
• Check condition of/clean carpet, floor tile, repair and/or replace any necessary.
• Check walls, patch and/or repair as necessary.
• Check electrical fixtures; replace bad lights, plugs, switches, etc.
• Check plumbing, hot water heater, drain lines, supply lines, faucets, commode, tub, shower, repair when necessary.
• Test smoke alarms, replace if defective.
• Check operation of appliances, report defective appliance to Service Manager-Supervisor when unable to repair.
• Change A/C filter, check coils, clean if necessary.
• Check condition of wallpaper, repair and/or replace when necessary.
• Caulk counter tops, sinks, bathtubs, etc as needed.
• Maintain written status board and use make ready check list.
• Performs written resident work orders as assigned by supervisor.
• May provide painting assistance, as required:
• Paints all previously painted surfaces in rental unit as scheduled by Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager during make ready procedure, using drop cloths to protect company and personal property.
• Performs all repairs related to interior walls and doors (i.e., patch sheet rock, tape and float, shoot acoustics, apply texture, sand re-varnish doors).
• Paints and touches up common areas as needed or scheduled by supervisor.
• Maintains adequate stock of materials, notifying supervisor when to reorder in a timely manner.
• Maintains tools and equipment in good safe working order.
• Incorporates both safety and customer service in the performance of all job duties
• Maintains consistent and punctual attendance record.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Check operations of HVAC equipment, report defective equipment to Service Manager.
• Remove and replace window coverings as needed.
• Travels to suppliers to pick up part and supplies as directed.
The majority of decisions are made by incumbent’s supervisor or Property Manager and required duties are delegated to incumbent for implementation, using standard levels of productivity established by the Property Manager in consultation with the Regional Property Manager. Incumbent has no authority that is not specifically delegated from the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS:
Has contact with on-site management and office personnel, other service technicians and residents of the property. Participates fully in staff meetings and designated company training programs.
• High school graduate or GED
• Prior make-ready or painting experience is highly preferred
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS AND STANDARDS:
Incumbent shall perform his/her duties using standard levels of productivity and dependability, ensuring completion in a timely manner and zero-defect manner. He/She must portray a clean, neat, well-groomed professional appearance. Job required company-approved attire with identification badge in sight. Must be honest, trustworthy, enthusiastic and team/project oriented. The incumbent must be customer service oriented and genuinely support and promote good resident relations and service staff and residents.
Job Type: Full-time